"Asterios Polyp" by David Mazzucchelli was an interesting read from beginning to end, especially that sudden unexpected appearance of that meteorite that I'm pretty sure didn't leave any survivors behind. The overall structure of the art was beautifully created, especially the construct of speech bubbles that varied in every person including their design which would visualize each and everyone's personalities. This art particularly gave me a connection to the reading in understanding how everyone is not the same and we all work in our own different and unique way. Though Asterios and Hana's structure were very different, they were somehow in sync at the party they met at which I appreciated.
Back before I moved from the United Kingdom to South America, as a child I had always taken an interest in comics, well just "The Simpsons" comics. This memory was easy to recall because whatever store had them in stock, I would buy every single week for at least two years straight. The point I am trying to make here is that if I had discovered comic book stores at a much younger age, my room would have been stacked to the point where I could have made a couch, not comfortable I might admit but definitely well built. Anyway after taking a dive into comic book stores by the time I was back in the United States, I was surprised by the vast amount of characters and designs, especially the construct of it. From the beginning to end of each comic book I read, I began to notice a different pattern which peaked my interest. Neglected to do any research in it, until now when I was introduced to "Understanding Comics" by Scott McCloud. From what I have read, Scott McC...
Comments
Post a Comment