Skip to main content

What I see with "Une Semaine de Bonte"

1) A beggar that sat at the center of everything in a small town up the mountains slowly took out a golden shiny rooster on a ball from her dress as people continued to walk past her. Some began to take an interest in her, as she began to pick herself up and dance overshadowing the tiny object. As more people continued to crowd around her waiting to seem some interesting show like the jugglers or performers, the object began to shine. The ball suddenly threw a burst of lighting in every direction hitting every single person, one by one everyone started to collapse as she continued to dance.

2) The door that led below the castle had finally opened after what seemed centuries. A man held a women who looked to be dying, could the books be true or was it all a myth? Rushing through the dark and dusty hallway, a light at the end started to build up. The light blinded him the second he passed the torches and found himself in a room, across from him was a man in a dark cloak. Could this have been the doctor they were looking for? The one in the cloak began to mutter words, then slowly reached his hood. Pulling it off, the man holding the women could not believe his eyes, sweat began to run down his face as he hands trembled. The myth was a true, the man in the dark cloak was the doctor, a huge chicken?

3) It was quiet in a huge cemetery building, in the distance from an open window appeared two individuals from the skies. Swooping into the building, a chicken with mechanical wings with a women on top finally landed. With a paper of writing in both their hands, they began to look around. The first name they had wasn't going to make it easier to find the deceased women. After what seemed to be a couple of hours, the chicken called out to the women who was on the other side of the building, making her way over, he points to the name. They both nodded at each other in understanding and lifted the slab which revealed a dark blue coffin. The chicken proceeded to pull open the coffin with an odd wedged hammer, to reveal a women dressed in expensive jewelry and clothes. As she laid there, the women above was adamant to take everything from and began to strip as the chicken looked out. Without paying attention, a guard of the cemetery suddenly jumps out from the dark, lighting his lamp. At that moment the two were caught.

(Minor issue with links, couldn't finish the other three.)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I thought of "Understanding Comics"

Back before I moved from the United Kingdom to South America, as a child I had always taken an interest in comics, well just "The Simpsons" comics. This memory was easy to recall because whatever store had them in stock, I would buy every single week for at least two years straight. The point I am trying to make here is that if I had discovered comic book stores at a much younger age, my room would have been stacked to the point where I could have made a couch, not comfortable I might admit but definitely well built. Anyway after taking a dive into comic book stores by the time I was back in the United States, I was surprised by the vast amount of characters and designs, especially the construct of it. From the beginning to end of each comic book I read, I began to notice a different pattern which peaked my interest. Neglected to do any research in it, until now when I was introduced to "Understanding Comics" by Scott McCloud. From what I have read, Scott McC...

Opinions on Stereotypes and the Ethics of Representation

At first, I thought the choice of the protagonist for characters applied to comics, animations, and games to me through the years was diverse, but now it all seems a little dull after reading through it. Despite its overuse through those mediums, I cannot disagree that it is still necessary for the industry because that is how it has always been and people seem to have been fine with it. If you ask me, they can keep working with it as long as there are people are there trying to push away from those stereotypes and create something unique. As surprising as it sounds when it comes to my Peruvian background, I have not felt affected by any of this. Though there was one episode of South Park that made us out to be flute bands, there was nothing overly significant. But I cannot even begin to imagine the issues other ethnicities had to deal with over the years.

My Thoughts on Underground Comics

Underground comics as I’ve learned in this class consisted of comics that weren’t sold in stores or markets are whatever was considered a legal selling point. Unlike the ones that were sold in stores, underground comics were considered very inappropriate, implicating anything sexual, racial, violent, and much more that I couldn’t even begin to describe. Just from reading a few comics both from online and from Steilins personal stack of comics, it was clear that some points such a violence rained heavily into one issue than others. Starting with a story from the comic Mystic Funnies, “The Hipman” introduced insults towards people’s appearances, revealing clothing, and a lot of inappropriate comments passed back and forth. To be frank I was fine with reading this because it all least portrayed a women’s strength at some points, but I get that publications wouldn’t have let that and the appearances fly back then. “Don’t Tempt Fate” proceeded with moments of blood, beatings, and vandaliz...